[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - Canadian wants 2 move 2 Cali - Need 2 know all my options

Canadian wants 2 move 2 Cali - Need 2 know all my options

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
nealaNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Canadian wants 2 move 2 Cali - Need 2 know all my options

Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:36 pm

Good day everyone,

I'm a Canadian citizen and wants to move to Orange County, California as soon as possible. My initial plan is to visit for 6 months and search for employment. Can anyone please advise on all my options and steps are? I'm also seeking info on the following:

1. Does US customs give you a hard time if you tell them you're visiting for 6 months? Any advise as to what to say or provide to custom agent? Do you need a return ticket as proof you're returning? After 9/11, am I required to get a visa in order to stay 6 months?

2. Seeking employment resources for Canadians seeking US companies willing to sponsor a work visa. Any websites out there free of charge?

As much info as possible would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Neala
irvi0040New Member

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:57 pm

hi, I dont know about the 6 month visa but I have moved to LA in February and can not get a job. If you find a place to hire you, you need to get an H1 work permit. In order to get that you have to have a BA, no way around it. And it needs to be in some professional area. If you are a RN or computer tech then no problem, there are lots of web sites that tell you who is qualified. If you have no BA and just college like me then you are out of luck. Save up lots of money becuase it can take months to find an under the table job. And once you have been here longer then your visa then you cant leave and come back!!! Make sure you really think this trough, I am having a real hard time and it would be so much easer to go back home.
lauren_mcpheeNew Member

Post Sun May 14, 2006 9:20 pm

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!