[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - Looking for information on moving to the USA...

Looking for information on moving to the USA...

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
NeonMargaritaNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Looking for information on moving to the USA...

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:12 am

Hey everyone.

For as long as I can remember, I've always wanted to move to San Francisco, and after visiting California last year, I'm really seriously considering it now. My problem? I honestly don't even know where to begin! I've looked up all of the information on the different visa's and everything, but my problem is that I don't really fit into any of the categories. I don't have a college education (something I wanted to figure out when I got down there) so I don't even qualify for the TN visa. I also don't want to get a student visa, because I want to look around at schools while down there. I know that I can go down there and live for up to six months without a visa, so I figured if I did that I could actively search for employment and then hopefully find an employer willing to deal with all of the hassle of taking me on. However, after reading through some of the posts on here, someone mentioned that you still have to have a professional occupation to get the visa allowing you to stay. Is this true? Right now all I'm feeling is frustration and it's slowly starting to turn into disappointment, so I was wondering if there is anyone who has experience in this area or if someone can even just suggest something. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Please!
gthavaJunior Member

You can e-mail David Ingram

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:04 pm

Reba

Post Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:07 am

jhJunior Member

Post Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:52 pm

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!