[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - I want to get my US citizenship back. How can I do this?

I want to get my US citizenship back. How can I do this?

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
minniemouse50New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

I want to get my US citizenship back. How can I do this?

Post Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:47 pm

KumarNew Member

Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:57 pm

Hi There!

You are a Born American and it is your right. I believe you can hold two Nationalities, American & Canadian. But you'll have to travel on American Passport if you're travelling abroad. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Kumar
Reba

Post Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:18 am

if you have your birthcertificate, that's all you'll need. If not, find out how to get it from the city where you were born. Then once you get that, you can get a US passport if you want to travel on it.

Statistically speaking tho, travelling with a Canadian passport will get you further. The only country you are required by law to enter as a US citizen is the US. Any other country, you can enter with your Canadian passport.
auserNew Member

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:03 pm

Hi. I suggest you get your birth certificate and go to the SSA's web site, http://www.ssa.gov/ and find out how to get a Social Security Number, or SSN. Once you have that in hand, you're home free, so to speak. The US doesn't recognize dual citizenship but Canada does.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!