approved I-192 waiver but denied entry to US

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
ontheothersideJunior Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

approved I-192 waiver but denied entry to US

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi There,

I finally recieved approval for my I-194 waiver application. I filed the application because I want to visit my fiancee, who is caretaking his mom (she has cancer). I was barred for 3 years due to a overstay, which will finish May 30th 2013.

I headed to the border last week with my waiver, and was denied entry due to lack of ties and equity to canada. I didn't bring any paystubs, letters from employers, lease agreements...etc. with me because I thought my approved waiver would be enough.

Right now, i'm gathering letters, lease agreements, pay stubs, bank statement, credit card statement, and a return ferry ticket. Hopefully, that is enough to prove that I have ties to canada.

I am wondering what kind of rights do I have. I would of thought that a waiver would of granted me entry. I did read on one website:

'A US entry waiver is a document issued by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that grants entry to a Canadian citizen with a conviction into the US. The waiver will remove all risks of being refused entry at the border. Because the DHS is considered a “superior governing body” to the border guards, it overrides any discretion the guards might have when you try to cross the border.'

Is this true?

Thanks for you help.
ontheothersideJunior Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: approved I-192 waiver but denied entry to US

Post Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:50 am

thanks. I provided lots of proof of ties and equity and I got in.
AvroraHotJunior Member

I very want sex n

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:15 am

I very want sex s
Go to my site: http://vip-file-xxx.org
DarrylknNew Member

Testing Ping Pong

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:39 pm

Hi guys! How r u?

43534WERWEFFFSVXXV7823232938

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!