[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - Canadian car registered in the USA: Can I sell it?

Canadian car registered in the USA: Can I sell it?

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
cometNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Canadian car registered in the USA: Can I sell it?

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:47 am

Hi,

I am from Ontario and I moved to Michigan three years ago with my Canadian car. I followed the legal procedure once there and my car has a US registration/Insurance/Plate.

I am thinking to get a new car next year from a US dealer and I was wondering whether I can trade-in my car while negotiating the price of my new car. My odometer is in kms though and I was wondering whether it will ruin the deal.

If I have to sell it in Canada, I would have to register again the car in Canada.

Thanks
cdmaximeJunior Member

Re: Canadian car registered in the USA: Can I sell it?

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:00 pm

I am in the same situation. Are you sure you can sell since no title? Also the import forms said "Personal use" since didn't pay any duties.
Thanks!
cdmaximeJunior Member

Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:11 pm

cdmaximeJunior Member

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:01 pm

cdmaximeJunior Member

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:22 pm

For posterity, I got good news!!
Got my title from California DMV today :) After talking to their tech compliance (9166576795) they understood completely and gave me those steps:
You have to have the original registration certificate that you will surrender along with a statement of facts explaining that I didn't get a title issued in the first place when I registered my vehicle. Since it is a transfer/new title there is no fee.
I sent my title and a short letter (and the same form I submitted while registering my car - form 343, to be safe but they can look you up by plate number or license number) at this address:

DMV
ATTN : TCS
2415 FIRST AVENUE
MS D276
SACRAMENTO, CA
AaronivMnNew Member

Gifts for March 8

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:44 am

Not far off on March 8th . Are invited to share what everyone gives
your loved ones, those with whom working mothers , girlfriends , in general, our
beloveds . Girls also join . What do you most
I want to on your holiday ? What do expect from their men ?
AaronivMnNew Member

UnlimSearch.com - found that looking for

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:18 pm

- it certainly is not Google, Yahoo, Bing, but here are some that will not find anywhere else ever.
Seek and will find what you want and even more.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!