[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - Help! No idea how to go about getting a green card

Help! No idea how to go about getting a green card

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
CdnGirl09Junior Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Help! No idea how to go about getting a green card

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:53 pm

Hi everybody! BTW - it would be a great help if any of you are in the US military, but if not, read on. I'm from Ottawa and have been attempting to try to figure out how to get a green card to the States for ages. I was planning to finish my bachelor's degree in business and then move to the US to join the US Air Force. I was going to spend four years in the USAF as a weather forecaster (my secret passion, I decided to do it while I could) but I cannot join the US military without a green card. Apparently I must establish residency before applying to the Air Force. I'm willing to move to Texas (I've spent a lot of road trips there and love it) and live in an apartment and have a job for a few months to establish residency.

I have a few questions and the answers to any of these would be wonderful.

1) What classification would I fall under to get a green card? Could I have the US government "sponsor" me as an employer since I will ultimately be working for them?

2) Do I need a TN visa and live/work in the States before getting a green card? If so, how to I get one?

3) What are your experiences finding work in the States as a Canadian? (btw I'm white, I've heard stories if you're not)

Any extra info on this please let me know! I've also looked at the US Embassy website, the US Air Force website, and the US Immigration website but it didn't offer much help.
Reba

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:23 pm

CdnGirl09Junior Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:58 pm

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!