So, you want to move to the States eh?

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
WyldInBCNew Member

Re: So, you want to move to the States eh?

Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Oh lordy what we do for love!
I am a Canadian madly in love with an American boy. I have been down here visiting for 5 months and I am getting ready to head back to my job in Canada. There is nothing harder for me then leaving the man I love but I have no intentions of staying here illegally and I most certainly don't want to tick off the wrong people and not be able to come back. I want to return in 3 or 4 months and I am wondering if a) I will have trouble getting back in the country b) if I should apply for a fiancé's visa before I get here or when (or if) I get back. I have seen a lot of different comments on this board different timelines and different sites and I am lost. I would love any insite from anyone who has been through or is going through anything similar to me. Thanks.
vaniNew Member

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:46 pm

does bachlor of fine arts count as TN visa?

Suppose I was accepted as teacher's aide or resident advisor in USA and gets a letter stating I gets a job offer (no sponsor), does US Immigratin requires what follows on job description such as bachlor of education, even thought if I pursue bachlor of fine arts? Or must follow from TN list? IS there any changes as Obama is president now.

I want to stay in USA, in southern state such as arizona because I can't stand cold. (yes you probably heard many times)

Please let me know
Thanks
vani
shkeenNew Member

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:41 am

Hi,

My husband and I are planning to buy a house in Florida. I was wondering what the steps are to becoming a resident in states. I use to live in Florida was i was a child, will that help in any way?
shkeenNew Member

Post Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Thanks for the reply! It was helpful
mangoman456New Member

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:42 am

i am almost 18 and I am wanting to become an electrician and I have a step uncle in the US in Las vegas who is a US citezen and on ein California, What I was wondering is how I would go about moving to alifornia to work with him when I get my first year apprenticeship, I would also from there like to become a resident. How could I go about doing this?
jennie1921New Member

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:27 am

Hi guys! :D

I just get done with all my paperwork for my fiancé form and my interview for my k1 visa it's the 19 of may.

I have couple questions:

Do you know if is 6 months of visiting per year or do the 6 months restart each time you across the border.normally, I stay couples months a t a time (2 or 3 ) and come back for couples weeks and I across the border again. I never really had problem but I was reading on the start of this forum in 2007 and a lady even make a call to be sure and it's was 180 days for a year.....This is still true?

Then, do somebody is in the same boat of me waiting for is visa to go leave in USA? I wonder if I need a ticket back to Canada even if I have my paper in my hand? After to have this visa, I'm not obligated anymore to all the time come back, nah???

thank you if you know a answer :)
board_salomonNew Member

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:07 am

Hi Everybody
I have a question regarding TN visa that I cannot seem to find an answer anywhere. I hope someone can help me.

Here is my situation, I have a computer science degree and have been working as a COMPUTER PROGRAMMER ANALYST in canada for few years. I understand the US job offer for TN visa has to be SYSTEMS ANALYST position. So for TN visa application, will I get denied because I current experience is not SYSTEMS ANALYST even though my US job offer is SYSTEMS ANALYST?
From what I read, they only talk about US job offer and education requirements, but not much about working experience (ie current job title has to match US job title) ?

thanks a lot.

Mark
CanuckAbroadSite Admin

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:54 am

Locking this topic...If you have questions, please start a new thread AFTER YOU SEARCH for similar threads first.

Thanks!

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!