[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - New US Immigration Forum!

New US Immigration Forum!

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
CanuckAbroadSite Admin
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

New US Immigration Forum!

Post Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:32 pm

Hello all,

Due to the recent high-volume of questions relating to TN Visas, work visas, immigration, citizenship and more for moving to the US, I've created a new subforum for all these topics.

So, PLEASE use it. If you have any questions or discussions relating to US visas, citizenship etc please post them here:

I'll start moving posts currently in the US Forum to this new Immigration specific subforum.

Thanks!
Reba

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:27 am

Well, that's pretty much the entire forum! There's hardly any threads in here about just coming to visit the US. For some strange reason, everyone wants to move here :P
CanuckAbroadSite Admin
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:25 am

Reba - I've noticed! But I figure we should try and organize it a little better, so the US forum doesn't exclusively become about immigration :)

Hopefully it'll just help people get the answers they need, easily.
TNVisaExpertModerator

Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:29 pm

Great idea!
LovehimsoNew Member

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:51 pm

vpbc2008New Member

TN or EB-2

Post Fri May 30, 2008 7:00 pm

sjohnson2New Member

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:53 am

NinaLouNew Member

Re: New US Immigration Forum!

Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:29 pm

I have a question on the L1B visa. Do Canadians need to go through the labor certification process or are they exempt because of NAFTA? Normally people from other countries have to do labor certification for L1B (not L1A)?
Reba

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:39 am

I never needed any labour certification for L1B. All I needed was specialized knowledge of the company. I've never heard anything about labour certification for L1B transfers.
tugbboatNew Member

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Maybe someone here can help me. Here is my post:

I know many of you have probably researched this and replied but I hope you will still help and reply to my post. I would really appreciate it.

Here is my situation. I got engaged back in May when I visited my then boyfriend in the US. I am a canadian citizen and he is a us citizen.
We got engaged and I went back to canada. I then moved a lot of my stuff down but never told immigration or anyone at the border that i was moving. I came down to the states and stayed under 6 months which i know is the maximum you can stay without me being illegally here. We started planning our wedding for august of 2009.

The thing is, we just went back to canada together for the holidays and when i tried to get back across the border to the us i had major issues and they almost didnt let me through. they told me i can stay in the US one day and to come back. the thing is, i have been told by many people that if i go back to canada, they more likely wouldnt let me back in the us so i decided to stay longer than the day and go back "home" where i basically shipped all my stuff and have been living.

We don't know what to do. Me going back to canada and waiting for the paperwork to go through before me moving here is not an option.
There has to be something that I can do!?!

We are about to go and get married before our official wedding in august so we have a marriage certificate and hopefully that way can do something. I am not working in the US but want to apply for a social security number. I have a job where i work from home so i can live anywhere in the wold and do it.

I am just really scared and dont want to get deported. i know that there has to be a way to do this. If i go back to canada, they won't let me back in. I changed my whole life around to come here. I gave up my job, my apartment, sold most of my stuff and bought new stuff when i came here. I can't just go back.

I know this might be a bit confusing. Basically, do I go and marry him and file some paperwork to become legal? I do not want to go back to Canada and wait 15-18 months or whatever the amount of time is.

Our official wedding in august is all booked and people have bought flights to come to it. I can't just cancel my wedding.

I understand a lot of people sneak across the dang border and marry just to get citizenship but I am not one of those people. I just want to marry my fiance, why is it so hard?
I've been doing so much research before even coming here and it's impossible so I just took the risk and moved here having faith that everything will work out and find a way to make it work so i can be legal. I can't be the first person ever with this situation!? I'm sure somoene else has gone through it and found a way to make it work without having to move back to canada.

Anyone that can help, i would really appreciate it.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!