[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - New US Immigration Forum!

New US Immigration Forum!

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
slpmomCanuckAbroad Regular

H1B renewal question

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:32 pm

I have been told that the receipt for the application to renew my H1B will allow me to keep working while it is being processed but when it is, do they just mail me the new I94? I don't have to exit and reenter the country again do I? I should have paid for premium processing...my drivers license will now expire with my old H1B running out cause they set the expiry date to match the work visa date....great.
JontyFNew Member

Re: New US Immigration Forum!

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:29 am

There are two distinct ways to qualify for a Canadian Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa under the Federal Skilled Worker category and there are different requirements throughout the immigration process for each, Oasis Immigration Network will assists you in navigating the Canadian Immigration System, which is a FREE service to immigration applicants.

www . oasisimmigration . com
madisonlilac28Junior Member

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:10 pm

madisonlilac28Junior Member

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Its better to consult your problem about your visa or immigration to the embassy or to the immigration office near you. They will provide the right information that you need. And ask also an attorney that are expert in visa and immigration issue for the support answer to your problem. In this way, you will get the information that you want.

sunnyaidaNew Member

TN Visa eligibility as an independent contractor (psychologi

Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:54 am

Hi, I am still confused about the eligibility of an independent contractor for a TN Visa. Here is my situation. I am a Canadian citizen on a TN Visa. Currently, there are new job opportunities that are being presented to me. I have a doctorate degree in psychology from a US university and I recently became licensed as a psychologist in the state of Florida. My potential future employer is a private practice that employs subcontractors who have their own individual practices to provide services. I will be interviewing with them on 2/10/12. I guess my main question is what kind of agreement could I make with them so that I can be eligible for a TN visa since I would not be an employee but most likely a 1099? How should I word the employment offer letter? Ultimately, can I be a 1099/contractor and be eligible for a TN visa? The employer could potentially be the private practice with which I will have a contract agreement.

Thank you for any assistance that you can provide.
pink_kittyNew Member

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:07 am

When visiting to the US, with the secret intent of maybe staying longer than expected.. what is the best way to get thru customs. Such as: Ticket purchase, what u tell the officer in customs, what to do before and after ur travel.
dfmsuzNew Member

Post Thu May 03, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi everyone I just joined this forum. I have a question that I haven't seen dealt with on this site yet(if I am incorrect can you please send me to the right post). I an a Canadian citizen living in Vancouver. I work remotely fro an American company out of New York on a contract basis (No time limit on this). I would like to move to Washington State to be with my American boyfriend and keep working my remote US job. My pay is currently deposited into a Canadian bank however(which is a pain) and if I do move down to the States i would like to open a US account to which my paycheques/fees will be deposited.

My question is: Can I legally continue working my contract job for the US company from Washington State? And if so do I need to apply for some form of employment status(work Visa etc)? And would I then be paying American taxes and Canadian taxes? I would eventually like to buy a house in the Us as well can a foreigner get a US mortgage?

Thank you in advance for any help/advise that you can give :D
SnandtriniNew Member

Post Thu May 10, 2012 5:02 pm

I am considering a TN visa. I am a bit worried does anyone know a good lawyer. I was going to try this guy Paul Ramacieri at Simpson Wigle Law then found out from a friend that he has a complaint against him at the law society and threatens clients with police ...any ideas for a good immigration lawyer
branpruNew Member

I'm Canadian trying to move to the U.S

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:54 pm

I was wondering the same thing about the woman who wanted the xmas wedding. My boyfriend and I are in the same situation.. He's an american and I'm Canadian looking to immigrate to the US. Also wanting to marry him and don't know if we should get married here or in the US..
Everything on the gov't websites is so technical and leads you to the same place over and over.. with no real answers to any questions that we have. And when we call, they tell us to go to the website and download the applications, in which they say they can't tell me which forms we would fall under or have to fill out cause it's "up to us to figure out which category we are under for sponsorships"
My bf is here in canada visiting, we know he's allowed to stay 6 months, and then has to go back..
So what I need is for some info on where to go from here.. in terms of forms, and also if it's better or worse for us to get married in either Canada or the U.S. I've heard that if you get married it speeds up the process or makes it easier etc.. but then I've heard it complicates things.
So I'm more confused than ever right now.. Any help would be very appreciated.
american_girlNew Member

Post Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:00 pm

Hello,
I have been dating my boyfriend who is a born Canadian for four years now. I am 18, and he is currently 21 so we dont plan to marry for a while. Due to that fact. the K-1 Fiance Visa that is discussed is not an option for us presently.
I understand the only other widely known way is through a job to migrate to and stay in the U.S. My boyfriend is in the IT field, and works currently as a desktop administrator.
I understand that the allowance to visit the U.S., like Canada, is 6 months. Is it possible that during a short stay he could find a job, do interviews, and obtain a job offer during that time-And THEN begin filing paperwork? Are there any other options for us, if marrying and a job offer aren't?

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!