How to work in the US without a degree?

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
jessipNew Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:42 pm

How to work in the US without a degree?

Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:45 pm

I'm a Canuck trying to get a job in the US (Texas to be exact). The problem is that I don't have a degree or barely any post-highschool education. I'm really just looking at fast food or something minimum wage-ish. I'm completely lost.... Please help! This is quite urgent as I'm heading down there very soon....

I am married to an American -- married in Texas. Can I get an SSN right away? I am not sure whether or not I'm going to be staying in the US, therefore am not applying for permanent residence (yet).

Thank you much in advance. I'm so stressed right now.
cdngirl80New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 3:57 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:29 pm

So long as you have a visa or Green Card, or even an Employment Authorization Card and a SSN, I'm sure you'll be able to find work. I used to work for Jack in the Box Corporate, and trust me, if you're looking for minimum wage fast food, the jobs are out there! :)

Hope that helps. :)

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests