Wanting to relocate in the US from Canada.

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
BabyCakzNew Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Nova Scotia Canada

Wanting to relocate in the US from Canada.

Post Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:33 pm

I am a US citizen married 6 years to a Canadian. I am a landed immigrant here and have a mile high stack of paperwork to prove it. lol However, my grown daughter has 3 children and wants me to be closer to her and the girls. My husband and I have have spoke about moving to the US, but have little clue how to go about it. Naturally, I am not a resident there any longer( although i travel there loads so my citizenship is ok). He has a great job( paramedic) and can work anywhere in north america. Does anyone know how to go about relocating there and time frame? And the costs? It took me nearly 3 yrs here in Canada and tons to do. I would be willing to do what needs to be done, however, I wouldnt want to be apart from him for a very lengthy time. Thanks so much :)

Post Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:06 pm

you would have to petition for a K3 visa for your husband, and that could take close to a year.

check out http://www.visajourney.com and have a look at the FAQs for the K3.

I'm in the process of that myself, tho my hubby is the USC and he lives in the US. So far its been about 7 months since we started it (we tried for 2 and a half years to move him to Canada...CIC sucks :p ) and we just got the petition approved last week. I still need to have an interview in Montreal consulate (only Montreal and Vancouver do K visa interviews).

Its very frustrating process, but you've been thru CIC, you can survive USCIS!

here's also the USCIS website http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm if you go to the right hand menu to the Immigration forms, you'll need I-130, G-325A (2 of those, one for each of you) and an I-129F

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests