Anyone From Canada living in Baltimore or close to

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
butterflyNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Anyone From Canada living in Baltimore or close to

Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:58 pm

I am so homesick would love to find someone here in Baltimore that is from Canada, someone to chat with or go for coffee. I am married to a man from Baltimore and here only since April. Will have my work permit in September, maybe I will meet some nice people then. :(
Reba

Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:20 pm

hey butterfly, I hope you can find some friendlies to hang out with soon!

:)
BaminiNew Member

hello

Post Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:12 pm

hi,
I live in Baltimore too. I'm from toronto. i can relate to the homesickness. feel free to contact me.
dayna annNew Member

Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:39 am

I know how you feel about being in a new American city. It can be really tough. I married a guy from New Orleans and now live here. It has been such a painstaking process to "start over" here. I have been here 4 years and I have yet to cross paths with anyone I really "click" with.
Anyone on this board living in New Orleans or anywhere in Louisiana?
Hang in there in Baltimore and know that what you are experiencing is normal. I have to keep telling myself that too.
jhJunior Member

Post Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:36 am

Yep, I've been living in South Florida for 8 years and have experienced the same issues. People are different in the U.S.. When we lived in Canada friends would drop by for a visit unannounced and that was great. Here, unless there is a formal invitation and a party as well, we rarely here from our "friends". The term friend down here is more like aquaintence. Don't get me wrong, we have met some very nice good people but friendships and relationships seem to have a more distant feeling here in the U.S.

I was suprised one day when new people moved in across the street. The guy was out mowing the lawn and he was wearing a T-shit that said "Canada is Hockey" and then a couple of days later he was wearing a Quebec Nordique jersey. I though, ok this guy has to be a canuck. Sure enough he was. The problem is that his wife is not and she likes to keep to herself so needless to say we don't get to spend enough time together.

For me, the homesickness strikes on a regular basis and each time I question my descision to move to the U.S. I continually wonder and search for a way to return to Canada without giving up the ecomomic gains that are available in the U.S.

On a closing note, for those of you who live in the south and escape winter, homesickness never seems to be an issue when it's -20 in Canada!!!!
ClaudineNew Member

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:30 am

Am a Montrealer living in Baltimore too. Feel free to contact me if you're still living there.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!