Permanent Resident(USA) work remotely for Canadian company

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
afata5New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Permanent Resident(USA) work remotely for Canadian company

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:33 am

Hey All,

So I've attempted to search but the keywords are too used to be able to find more info. Sorry if this has been answered millions of times...

Situation:
-Entering USA on Spousal Visa.
-Canadian employer wants me to keep working for them remotely. - UPDATE: I will be a independent contractor in the US, not an employee
-Work will be 70% from home (sales calls/meetings with Canadian companies exclusively) and 30% in Canada visiting said clients.
-Still paid in Canadian Funds in my Canadian Bank account
-Have company vehicle - Lease under my employer's name in Quebec, Canada - UPDATE: Not sure how this would work in this case

So, basically, work from home and travel to canada. Allowed to work in USA with permanent residency and am a Canadian citizen (born and raised). Even though the USD/CAD currency is in the hole right now, I've got a great job and would love to keep it.

Is this possible? Will it be difficult?

Lastly, I've got a company vehicle (with no company markings) that is leased in my employers name. I'd bring it to the usa and travel back and forth to Canada using said vehicle. It will be parked at my home in the USA on a regular basis. Is this also possible? - UPDATE: Again, don't know how this would work in my new situation

Sorry again if this question has been asked to death....

Many thanks,
Alex
Last edited by afata5 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
afata5New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Permanent Resident(USA) work remotely for Canadian compa

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:44 am

Ok, update:

I would really appreciate some help on this..

So, X the employment option.

This has now changed to me being a contractor in the USA but doing work for the Canadian company. 70% of my work would be done in the USA (phone calls) and 30% would be done visiting clients....

I would bill them a certain amount of hours per month + expenses that are incured. I would decide all the travel and expenses, not them.

How does this work? Can I do this?

Thanks!!

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!