Before you post a new topic...

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
Reba
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Before you post a new topic...

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Please do a search within the site for existing threads that may well have already addressed your situation. There are several years worth of discussions about TN Visas, H1B Visas, L1B visas and various fiancee and spouse visas to the US.

Please, if you have a question regarding US immigration post it in ONLY one spot. Someone will get to it.
canuck1234New Member

Switching employers when H1b application is submitted

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:28 pm

I am currently working on a TN visa and my current employer has submitted H1B application for me. I am planning on switching jobs to another employer and have to go to the border to get my new TN visa.
Will I have any problems at the border when applying for the new TN visa because my current employer is processing H1B for me?

Thanks
Reba
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Before you post a new topic...

Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:06 pm

I'm going to hazard a guess and say that your current employer will be rescinding the petition for your H1B if you've quit and gone to work for someone else.

It may however be more difficult to prove non-intent, if you had a dual-intent petition submitted for you. Or it may not.
rarai073New Member

HELP!! Ive read everything yet I still need assistance!

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:34 pm

First off I want to say I love this website. I spent hours browsing and jotting notes. You Guys are amazing! Yet, despite all the helpful hints I still feel like I haven't progressed in the sense that I dont have a clear direction as to what my first step should be? Heres the down low and any and all comments are appreciated :)

I am a Canadian citizen born and raised-- female 22 years of age. I have just currently graduated from the University of Ottawa in Ontario, and was hoping to reside in the US in the near furture (any time after July)

Now, according to your website I am in some kind of 'good standing', for some kind of likeliness of getting in. I am however divided on what type of visa I should be applying for. Essentially, I would love to find a job in my field of study (Bach. in General Social Science with a minor in sociology) but because it's a broad field I sort of fit into a few of the job categories for a TN (research assistant and Social work perhaps). Moreover, I was also thinking of going the school route and continuing my education there-- obtain another degree in a different field. I have more than one option, and I wouldnt mind either...but I was looking for anyones professional or experienced advice on which of the two would work in my favour more?

Mind you, I have no immediate family members in the US or a spouse so that isnt an option :(

Thus, what should be my next step in preparing my self to immigrate? Which visa would give me a higher chance of acceptance?

Thanks for your time! Cheers :)
Gabby677Junior Member

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Ive seen multiple threads on visas
BoobooNancyNew Member

Unable to get a title for my Quebec bought car

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:16 am

Hi, I am Canadian and have been living in the U.S. for the past 11 years. Right before moving to the U.S. I bought a new car and paid cash for it. There are no titles, per say, in Quebec. I first moved to Nevada where the DMV asked for a proof of " No Lien " on my vehicle which I obtained from the Qc DMV. However, they only provided it in french, to which I had a notary translate it and certify that in fact my car had no lien. The NV DMV still refused to produce a title. I don't know what to do. I am now driving a new vehicle but have held on to my " No Title " car for lack of knowing what to do with it. I would just like to donate it at this point. My husband, back in 1999, had no difficulty licensing and obtaining a title to his Qc bought car because he was in Vermont and I guess that the northern States are used to these transactions .... Does anybody have suggestions or thoughts on this issue. Anything would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Nancy B
KlassensNew Member

Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:04 pm

Well how the hell can I search for an old topic when the search engine block all of my queries eh? I cant possibly go through every one for TN VISA TAXES!!

Erik

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!