Ann Coulter

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
BrendaSuper Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Ann Coulter

Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:30 pm

Is she for real? Here is a quotation from an article in the independent regarding Americans moving to Canada.

"The vociferous, increasingly intolerant right-wing commentator Ann Coulter said recently on Fox News: "It's always the worst Americans who end up going [to Canada] - the Tories after the Revolutionary War, the Vietnam draft-dodgers after Vietnam. And now, after this election, you have the blue-state people moving up there. They better hope the United States doesn't roll over one night and crush them. They are lucky we allow them to exist on the same continent."

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/ame ... ory=602513
CanuckAbroadSite Admin

Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:48 pm

Yep. They really are that dumb.

There was a "journalist" on CNN a while ago who was saying Canada should just worry about igloos nad hockey instead of world affiars or something ridiculous like that.

I'm sure glad I don't live in the states - Land of the free, if you're with the ignorant majority.
kgutahNew Member

Consider being out of context

Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:47 pm

I am a Canadian living in the US. I have lived here for 6 years.

I urge you to consider that Anne Coulter is directing her comments to the American democratic/republican public.

Unfortunately, because your are not ingrained in this culture, her point has been errornously received by you.

There are many Americans that think Canada is perfect; at first glance, it's policies and laws reflect everything that America does not have.

Consider this; Anne Coulter is trying to make (democratatic) Americans realize that "moving to Canada" is just running away from their own country and it's problems. Yes, she says inflammatory things, but like I said...consider that your not taking her point out of context, and that you are giving light to who she is talking to.

And yes...you are lucky you live in Canada. And I understand what it is like being the neighbor to the most powerful nation in the world.

Kim :)
BrendaSuper Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Ann

Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:01 pm

I was just wondering if she believes everything she says. I haven't heard much of her on this side of the Atlantic.
JaneNew Member

Re: Consider being out of context

Post Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:09 pm

[quote="kgutah"]I am a Canadian living in the US. I have lived here for 6 years.

I urge you to consider that Anne Coulter is directing her comments to the American democratic/republican public.

Unfortunately, because your are not ingrained in this culture, her point has been errornously received by you.

There are many Americans that think Canada is perfect; at first glance, it's policies and laws reflect everything that America does not have.

Consider this; Anne Coulter is trying to make (democratatic) Americans realize that "moving to Canada" is just running away from their own country and it's problems. Yes, she says inflammatory things, but like I said...consider that your not taking her point out of context, and that you are giving light to who she is talking to.

And yes...you are lucky you live in Canada. And I understand what it is like being the neighbor to the most powerful nation in the world.

Kim :)[/quote]

Kim, I thank you for your thoughts and while what you said is more than likely true, you have to agree, chalking it up to American culture is a flimsy excuse for such a statement. It is almost like you are saying, because of the "ingrained culture" it's okay to be rude and obnoxious...Canadian, U.S. Permanent resident...there is no need to be rude nor is there an excuse no matter whether we are from the south or the north...Just a thought.

Also, you have no idea how fortunate I am to be a canadian. I take issue, as I always do with the American referring to U.S. as the most powerful nation in the world...it just makes me sick actually...While financially you may have a foothold, we are gaining strength. It's interesting how being the most powerful country in the world cannot feed it's own people, cannot provide sufficient health care to all its people through a social system, cannot provide decent recycling to americans (I cannot believe the gluttenly of over packaging here and the garbage I am forced to throw away weekly) These are just a few things I've noticed; so, the question begs...Are you the most powerful country, because sometimes I actually feel like I am living in a third world country.

But I know meant well, just go easy on that last statement though, especially around Canadians...U.S. would not even dream of rolling over on Canada, with it's pristine water supply they are drooling over...the trees we are raping in order to supply you to build your big homes so you can have more, more, more...Hey...the way I see it..U.S. has far too little trees and way to many Bush's....;)

Jane

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!