Joining the us millitary

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
unproforNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Joining the us millitary

Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:46 pm

How hard is it to gain a american green card by going this route of entry?
BrendaSuper Member

Post Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:41 pm

Unknown.
CanuckAbroadSite Admin

Post Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:50 pm

Ya I have no idea about this one.

But is it worth potentially losing your life in Iraq or somewhere else? Surely there must be other ways for you to pursue this.
unproforNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:40 pm

I heard somthing that you enter by having the employer being the us gov't as your sponsor. But this is only a guess.
Reba

Post Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:00 pm

Check out the appropriate branch website (army, navy, marines...whichever) to find out what their recruitment requirements are.

IF you join up and are sent overseas, you *could* be eligible for citizenship, but why would you join up just to be sent to war? Unless of course that is your purpose, just to be able to go to war...but if your purpose is just to get a green card, there are other ways of getting it, that won't require you to put your life in danger.

Seems a bit extreme to join the military just to get a green card. Nothing against the military, I have the utmost respect for our soldiers, but there are easier ways!
unproforNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:19 pm

The other day I was looking at the US immigration department web site. And for some reason canada does not qualify. Anyway mostly just looking at options would be nice if north america.
canuck_dcNew Member

Post Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:46 pm

If you join the US military, you DEFINITELY will be sent to Iraq. If you survive, I believe, you will get citizenship in 2 years.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!