TN Visa under Scientific Technician

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
JonnyRogs22New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

TN Visa under Scientific Technician

Post Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:28 pm

Hi there, I apologize if I'm posting in the incorrect spot or if this situation has already been specifically covered (it shouldn't be as I searched the Internet far and wide). I'm planning to apply for my TN Visa as a Sci Tech this Sunday and my girlfriend will be applying on Monday. She has gone through a law firm but I chose not to (couldn't really afford it) but am sure all of my papers and documents are correct. I'm nervous of getting denied of course and mainly because the (supervisor) I will be under only has an assossiates degree. Is this ok? I am applying as an electronics technician (technically). Also the other individual who I could put as my supervisor has a bachelors in Pharmacy (not related to my job as an electronics technician) but does that matter? My engagement and support letter are already worded to have the one with the associates as the supervisor. Will they even ask if my supervisor has a degree? Do you think I'll run into any issue? If so what? And last question, what time should I go in the morning this Sunday? (I'm applying at the peace bridge) Thank you for all of your help and input!!! It is so very much appreciated. ps, I'm applying for TN Status to work in Las Vegas :D
JonnyRogs22New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: TN Visa under Scientific Technician

Post Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:54 am

Anyone? :?
JonnyRogs22New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:24 am

...?
JonnyRogs22New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:25 am

...? 17 views and no response?... Give me your thoughts!
Last edited by JonnyRogs22 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonnyRogs22New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:22 am

Does anyone have experience applying as an Electronics Technician under Scientific Technician?
JonnyRogs22New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:50 pm

Well I'll answer it myself I guess. I went today and was refused a TN and they stated that you have to be someone who designs electronics or prototypes to be considered a scientific technician but someone who repairs, maintains or upgrades electronics isn't a scientific technician... but in reality they technically are lol the officer I got didn't seem to know much of anything and kept asking around anyway

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!