TN to J2 and Work Authorization

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
torreseNew Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:32 pm

TN to J2 and Work Authorization

Post Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:44 pm

Hello everyone. My wife and I currently live in the USA. She works under a TN visa and I am have a TD spouse visa. I just obtained a Family Medicine residency position and am currently processing a J1 visa. I will have to move to a different state in January. I would like for my wife to obtain a J2 visa with work authorization. She does not have a job in the new state yet, so I have a few questions:

1. How long does it take from submitting a J2 application to receiving it (for Canadians)?
2. Can she keep working her current job under TN visa and simultaneously receive and hold the J2 visa?
3. How long did it take (Canadians), from the moment of application of EAD to actually receiving it?

Thank you!

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests