[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - Not just South America

Not just South America

Canadian Expats and travelers in South America can communicate with each other here!
lorien09New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Not just South America

Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:37 am

Hey why is it they have a section for every part of the world accept Mexico and Central America? These places are NOT Part of South America and should be considered part of North America! Thus, Including Canada,USA and Mexico as its own North American Section and Guatemala,Belize,Honduras,El Salvador,Nicaragua,Costa Rica and Panama as the Central America Section. Ok..Great...thank you...Lorien
CanuckAbroadSite Admin

Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:50 am

All you have to do is ask...

I'll get one setup soon.
pacinhorseNew Member

Post Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:16 am

Hey, where is Mexico? I can't fid it!
pacinhorseNew Member

Post Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:16 am

Hey, where is Mexico? I can't find it!
SuzannaJunior Member

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:22 pm

I vote for a Mexico forum too. As I am a Canadian living in Mexico.
CanuckAbroadSite Admin

Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:02 am

Consider it done! :)

DinahNew Member

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:30 am

having spent most of my time in peru and chile for the last three years it seems latinos divide the west into two sections. anyone north of the rio grande is gringo, south is latino. mexico and indeed all of central america is part of latin america.

i recently flew from vancouver to mexico then mexico to lima. the mexico-lima flight was considered domestic and i had to argue to get the 35 kilo per suitcase allowance.

of course it doesn't please me to be considered "american", simply because i am canadian, but . hey, i have been asked if canada is in europe, or is canada the biggest state in the usa
CanuckAbroadSite Admin

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:37 am

The flight from Mexico to Lima was considered Domestic? That's insane! Which airline was that?

Funny about the Canada being the largest state. I once had to convince an american that Canada was indeed larger than Texas.
DinahNew Member

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:59 am

The airline was Lan Chile (also known as Lan Peru or Lan). Sebastián Piñera is the majority shareholder, I believe. He lost last year's run off election in Chile to Michelle Bachelet, and judging from the way Lan operates, that's a good thing.

Lan's prices often seem good, but anything out of the ordinary will make the price skyrocket. I changed my return date from Oct 1 to Nov 1 and it cost me an additional $525. When i asked to change my destination from Arica, Chie, to Tacna or Arequipa Peru, a shorter flight, they quoted me a price of $1825 CAD, more than the original cost of the Arica-Vancover-Arica flight.

Lan appears to know nothing about public relations or customer service. My travel agent said Lan Chile in Vancouver had a couldn't care less attitude and when i contacted Lan in Santiago I was more or less told to get over it.

Pardon my rant. Obviously I have't gotten over it.
ChipratJunior Member

Post Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:49 pm

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!