[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - Are there ANY Canadians in Belgium?

Are there ANY Canadians in Belgium?

For Canadians living or traveling in Europe
Dislocated_CDNNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Are there ANY Canadians in Belgium?

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:18 pm

ashykNew Member

Greetings from another canuck in Belgium

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:27 am

Good to see your post on here. I just joined this website hoping to find other Canadians in Belgium, and there you are!

I just got here 3 weeks ago, think i will be here for a few months.

Just curious, when it comes to working, is it possible for Candians to get a work visa?

I am living in a town 10 minutes outside of Antwerp, called Deurne. Where do you live?
Dislocated_CDNNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:35 pm

Hello Ashyk!
Nice to hear that they do exist!

Ah so you are near Antwerp. do you know how to speak Dutch?

Yes it is possible to get a work visa. The local city hall should be able to help you out.
They will tell you what you need to do.

I am in more or less living in Brussels. I have actually been here for 2 years now.

So are you staying here just for the experience then?
AlbertagrownNew Member

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:04 pm

Dislocated_CDNNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Reply to Albertagrown

Post Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:46 pm

Hey Albertagrown,

So you are thinking of moving close to Brussels? Awesome! What is the name of the village (if you don't mind telling).
Yes I found it quite surprising that I have not found any Canadian communities yet. Although I have met some British. There are quite a few Brits living here.

You are partially right. There are some Irish pubs and I have heard English there. Movies are usually played in their original version with subtitles.

There is currently a Star Wars exhibit at Tours & Taxis. Koekelberg had an exhibit on DaVinci (not sure if it is still there). The Atomium is celebrating its 50th anniversary. They light it up during the night (but I think that's every night) and will have fireworks.

There are a lot of good restaurants in Belgium. There is a lot of variety. There is a place called "Cook and Book" which is quite original. And at "Mmm" you get to cook your own dinner!

So what region of Alberta are you from? I used to live in Calgary. before living in Ontario.
Tamarama03New Member

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:12 pm

AlgyNew Member

Post Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:48 am

Dislocated_CDNNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:45 am

ShiftNew Member

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:10 am

Hey everyone! I moved here 5 months ago but only recently found out about this site. I am living in Brussels. I'm looking for people to make a few trips this winter to Chanmonix (or anywhere in the Alps) to snowboard and see some great scenery.

Anyone interested in joining?

Shift
jlaviguNew Member

Post Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:24 pm

Hey,

I am a Canadian, originally from Montreal, now living in Brussels. Haven't met too many other Canadians here, but I should be here for a while so it would be nice to meet some others.

I spent the last year in Amsterdam working for ING Group, currently doing the same only in Brussels :).

Hope to hear back from someone!

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!