Shipping a car from Canada to Europe

For Canadians living or traveling in Europe
monte0682New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:47 am

Hello, I would like to ship my car from Montreal to Europe. Can you suggest some company that does this? Also, how about the insurance? Thanks a lot.
SteveeeNew Member

Re: Shipping a car from Canada to Europe

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:23 pm

I know this is a late reply, but I thought I'd answer.

I moved from Toronto to Europe in 2004 and shipped my car over along with my other belongings in a 40' shipping container.

We shipped with MSC, but everything was organized through a broker.

The container was loaded onto a truck in Toronto and shipped by train to Montreal where it was then loaded onto a ship. The ship made a few stops before reaching the final destination, and total shipping time was roughly 3.5 weeks.

We got an amazing deal and only paid about $1800 with insurance. I know other people who have paid over $3000 for the same thing.
lightwave41New Member

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:02 pm

I'm also looking to ship a car to Europe, I live in Winnipeg, does anyone know how I could insure my car in Canada while it is in Europe? Manitoba Public Insurance does not insure cars outside of North America however I see Ontario Plates frequently in Europe, I'm currently in Ukraine, where foreign cars are allowed if they leave the country every 3 / 6 months which is not an issue for me. I also understand shipping is straightforward and cost effective through Germany, I also have an Audi which has rear fog lights and side signals and should meet Euro Standards, however importation tax would exceed $6000 so i'd rather keep Canadian plates... Any Ideas ?
marchcNew Member

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:57 pm

This is a nice company: http://waysauto.com/; i used their services while shipping my car from USA to Toronto. Their office in Toronto but they also have a branch at USA. And i know they working all over the word, in Europe, Africa and event Australia.
Christina04New Member

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:29 am

Wow........Great forum about car shipping but i have little confusion about it.How can i ship a car car from Canada to Europe. Please tell me in detail.Lot of thanks.
ElinaNew Member

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Please, share your personal experience with me.

I am moving to France from Montreal and going to take my Saab with me.
How much did you pay for customs duty?
(I know that VAT is not payable for older cars, but still a customs duty has to be paid)

How did you manage to register your car without EC certificate of conformity?
GM is ready to provide technical info letter, but the car was build to North American standard.

Thank you.
YukyukNew Member

Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:44 pm

I realize this is an older question, but I can add a little info here. Insurance is included in the cost of having a car shipped, even overseas. The main thing you'll need to concern yourself with is compliance and registration, which a good company should help you figure out. I used these guys https://www.a1autotransport.com/ship-car-to-europe.php and was pretty satisfied. Just be prepared for some delays due to paperwork and other things that will come up.
vytasEUNew Member

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:10 am

Insurance is not always included, it depends what company you are working with. If by truck yes most truckers have insurance and your cargo is insured when they are moving it, but if overseas marine insurance is usually extra with most of the big companies I am aware of and have personally worked with.
From Canada and USA I am using to ship to Europe cargoux - you can contact [email protected] she is usually doing my shipping from Toronto/Montreal to Germany
GendalfrillNew Member

Post Sun May 03, 2015 5:57 am

Yeah thanks guys, I know TW USA cant as Ive read that on their policy page but TW Europe doesnt have this listed. And I wanna get a shirt only available on TW Europe. Maximo, what country are you from?
car fanaticNew Member

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Cars shipping from Canada it is still simplified comparing to shipping from USA.
The most affordable way is shipping into consolidation with other vehicles in the container.
Not many freight forwarders doing this, as they do not want to consolidate general cargo with vehicles. You can ship vehicles from the following ports of origin from Canada : Montreal, Halifax , Vancouver and Toronto (which is consider as a Hub). for shipping cars , motorcycles probably your best option will be this company Cargoux Shipping . They specialized in shipping such cargo. Good Luck and hope this will help!

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!