Introduce yourself!

Talk about anything, with anyone, here.
CanuckAbroadSite Admin
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Introduce yourself!

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:37 am

Hey everyone,

In response to some requests, and a few other threads that have been started, I decided to make a sticky where everyone can introduce themselves!

Tell us a little bit about yourself like where you're from, interests, where you're currently living, etc.

I'll start with myself in the next post!
CanuckAbroadSite Admin
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:46 am

So.

I'm originally from the Toronto area, but lived in BC for many years prior to moving abroad. I lived in Germany for a couple of years and am currently living in Budapest, Hungary.

Living here has been fun, but I certainly miss Canada alot. I think it's the nature I miss most - I miss being close to the mountains, ocean, and just being able to get out of the city easily.

I like to travel, and have been to nearly every country in Europe (east and west) though there are still a few on the list.

In my spare time, I work on this site! :)

Anyhow I hope more of you will take the time to introduce yourselves here, so we can get to know each other a little more!

Matt
aikitraderNew Member

Introduction to myself

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:22 am

Hi everyone,

I am originally from Toronto but have been living in the UK for the past several years.

I enjoy meeting new people and travelling and I have had the opportunity to travel to several cities during my stay in the UK.

I have many interests but perhaps the one which takes most of my time is Aikido. I have been studing intensely for the past 2.5 years and have also been teaching to a variety of students, including both adults and children.

I am currently looking to relocate to the Geneva area, so if there is anyone out there willing to assist me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I guess thats all for now.

Hope to chat with some of you folks out there soon.

Aiki
Susie DSenior Member

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:58 am

Hey, everyone! I'm from Vancouver and have been living in Manchester for the past 2 years (plus a few months). I'm currently waiting for my boyfriend's immigration application to get approved so we can go back to Canada in a few months - he's English.

I have a degree in music and literature, I like boxing (doing, not watching), yoga, weights, running, eating, learning about wine/beer, cooking equipment, travel, or learning about anything at all that I find remotely interesting.

Mostly I miss Canada and Canadians, and I can't wait to go home. Vancouver is in my blood, and I can't see settling anywhere else. Manchester has been fun, though.
SaaraGCanuckAbroad Regular

Post Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:30 am

Salut!

I'm from Ottawa but did my degree at York U in Toronto. I moved over to England to do some studies, and kept putting off leaving!

I've been in Bristol for about a year and a half and in March I'm getting married to a Brit!

I miss Canada like crazy, but am still having a good time over here and loving everything English. I've been to 10 countries in the last 18 months and have loved them all.

It's great to have a place to chat with other Canadians, though. If only I had a Tim's with me...or I'd give my right foot for a Sleeman's Honey Brown!
Liza

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:30 am

hello! ;-)

Well, seems like everyone here is actually from Canada... Anyway i hope it's not a big problem if i'm from Russia (Moscow)... I'm currently a student at Lomonosov Moscow State University (department of languages and literature, plus i'm specializing in teaching Russian as a foreign language).
The thing i like to do most in my life is to meet new people, to make friends, to travel all around the world... i've been to 9 countries so far and i've been thru Russia as well.
The reason why i decided to sign up here was very simple: during past five or six years i've been dreaming to go to Canada... And guess what? I went to Canada this past summer for 1,5 months... That was an awesome experience!!! And i realized how much i LOVE this country and it's people!!!!! i really do!!! So if i'll have a chance to meet with some Canadians in Moscow or just simply talk with You on-line that would be great!!!

i have msn messenger adress. So if anyone has time and willing to chat You are more than welcome! ;-)

P.S. I miss Tim's loads!.. As well as someone of You does...

Good luck to everybody with everything You do!
Take god care!!!

Liza
ShanNew Member

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:02 am

Well hello all. I have been living here going on 4 years, yes I am married to a Brit. Although it can be a beautiful country nothing compares to the gorgeous montains and lovely blue lakes and rivers of the Kootenays. I too cannot wait to move home and am counting down the days (although it is still another 8 years till we move home). As for Sleemans honey brown I know what your saying there is a Canadian pub in Covent Garden in London which serves it and many others that is where I am headed this weekend, and of course to watch some hockey which seriously lacks on Brit telly. Has anyone plans for Canada day. There is a big party in London at the Maple Leaf (the pub in covent garden). The close off the street, it was loads of fun last year and hope to meet loads of you up there this year.

Shan
scoobyJunior Member

Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:55 am

Hello everyone!!

My name is Patti and I am from Belleville which is about 1.5 hour east of Toronto. I have been living in the UK for just over 6 years minus the 2 years I spent in Germany.

We travel alot with my hubbies job so move house every 2 years so i get to see alot of Europe. We recently went to Gambia in Africa for a holiday and that was very interesting.

I love to travel and experience different cultures as well as chill out on a nice beach.

I miss Canada lots and usually stock up on Tim's coffee and Kraft Dinner when I go home.
loybondJunior Member

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:00 am

You guys can't get Kraft dinners in England? Weirdly enough, I can get them here in Malaysia at Tesco - a British chain!
scoobyJunior Member

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:03 am

I haven't seen any in the UK. I used to be able to get it when I lived in Germany as there was a Wal Mart there. Mind it was super expensive compared to home.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!