Introduce yourself!

Talk about anything, with anyone, here.
RaviAutoJunior Member

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:45 am

I m from India and nice meeting you everyone........
abalaoisNew Member

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:10 am

Hi everyone.

Anybody from Manila and/or Bangkok here?
JcyberNew Member

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:42 pm

Hey everyone...
Erika BNew Member

Erika

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:42 am

CanuckAbroad wrote:Hey everyone,

In response to some requests, and a few other threads that have been started, I decided to make a sticky where everyone can introduce themselves!

Tell us a little bit about yourself like where you're from, interests, where you're currently living, etc.

I'll start with myself in the next post!

We are Canadian and were in Florida for 6 month in 2011/2012
now we have a special Occasion coming up in July 2012 to be in Tampa for 10 Days
as we used up our stay in the US are we allowed to go back for this time
and still go back in October for the 6 Month
please let me know
Erika
Last edited by Erika B on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
joiedevieNew Member

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:01 pm

Hey!

I just moved to the Bay area last month from Mississauga....feel quite homesick for now...Life was very very convenient living next to Square One shopping mall. Still getting used to the distances here.

Must admit that shopping is awesome here but I find it terribly difficult to want to meet new people. I feel very offended when people draw a blank when I mention Canada....there is an opaqueness that sets into their eyes.

I started my move in Feb this year and by March it was almost complete. Every time I'd fly back home the weather was so much better in Toronto!

And dear Timmy's I'm getting used to Peet's.

It was particularly strange to move from 22nd floor to 2nd floor :)

I miss home!
Canadian_StuffNew Member

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:26 pm

I'm born in the USA, and well traveled. Currently residing in beautiful Toronto, Canada for the past 10yrs. I am well versed with Photoshop and can do anything you want me to do for you or your friends or family. Having trouble with your credit report or score? Need a job letter? Need a pay stub? I am the expert in hooking you up with all your needs.
Canadian_StuffNew Member

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Yes American's can be very ignorant of Canada. They know more about Mexico than they know about Canada, because you all are quite civilized, and don't cause any trouble. As well, the schools don't teach anything that I can remember about Canada. So it's up to the intelligent American to educate themselves on Canadian culture. I'm afraid you'll just have to forget about Missisauga and high rise living, because the Bay area is a shock to the system that's long lasting.

joiedevie wrote:Hey!

I just moved to the Bay area last month from Mississauga....feel quite homesick for now...Life was very very convenient living next to Square One shopping mall. Still getting used to the distances here.

Must admit that shopping is awesome here but I find it terribly difficult to want to meet new people. I feel very offended when people draw a blank when I mention Canada....there is an opaqueness that sets into their eyes.

I started my move in Feb this year and by March it was almost complete. Every time I'd fly back home the weather was so much better in Toronto!

And dear Timmy's I'm getting used to Peet's.

It was particularly strange to move from 22nd floor to 2nd floor

I miss home!
Canadian_StuffNew Member

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Just go ahead and explore the world while you're young. You'll learn so much about other cultures, and you'll never regret the adventure.

Maria2000 wrote:I am born and raised in Toronto, I am a city girl but would like to start travelling across the world
Canadian_StuffNew Member

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:45 pm

I live in Toronto. There is no other place in the world like it. I live right down town in a high-rise condo. I can afford the mortgage, the cost of living, and the entertainment value. The multiculturalism is amazing. If you love other cultures, this is the place to live. It has the buzz of a smaller NYC, the cleanliness attitude of a Singapore, the tolerance of a place like San Francisco, the sophistication of the South of France, and the passion of a place like Venice.

Seabird wrote:Hi

I am not Canadian! I spent most of my life in the UK and decided around 10 years ago to move away. I was on the brink of a job where I would either have been in Vancouver or Medicine Hat. Unfortunately the work would have been undertaken and funded by Defence, and my lack of citizenship prevented the job going ahead. Instead a few months later I was offered a job in Adelaide, South Australia where I lived for 5 years before heading up to Queensland for a job a year ago. So why am I on this forum and not in the pool you ask? Two answers - the first is that my adult UK children have still not headed over here and the distance to Australia is a killer. None of us can afford regular holidays to see each other, and I have only seen my grandchildren once and twice respectively in the last six years. My youngest is now 20 and is here with me, but sees her future in screen and media and/or classical singing, and the proximity of Canada to Europe, the UK and the US seems a far better option for us in the long term. The second answer is that we were blown away by Canada - its people, its terrain and probably above all, yet again its people!!! It now seems far more cost effective than Australia, and for somebody who really does not want to head back to he UK, it is becoming an increasingly attractive proposition.
I am very interested it getting people's perspectives on living in both countries, and finding out reasons why you would or would not head back to Canada, as these are often very helpful for those of us pondering life changing decisions.
nemo2New Member

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:23 am

Hello Everyone, I'm Pat I currently live in Florida for almost 11 years. I'm from Newfoundland. I'm planning on moving back to Canada not only because i miss it. But i have a brother who has terminal cancer. I joined to try to get information in how to make plans to make my move as quick as possible. I'm also looking forward to moving home there's no place like Canada and it's people.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!