Moving to London how much $$$ should I be bringing???

For Canadians living / traveling in the UK
DuffNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Moving to London how much $$$ should I be bringing???

Post Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:07 pm

I am moving from Ontario to London at the end of April to work and travel for a year. A friend from Australia has lined me up with a job at a pub and I have a place to stay for free for the first month. My Question is how much $$$$ should I have to get by over there, until i find a place and make a few bucks. I have $$$ saved up for this trip, im just paranoid i dont have enough and im going to run out. Also how is it working in London and how do the brits treat the canucks??? I would really apprecite it if someone could give me some advise. Thankyou
LondonuckNew Member

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:16 am

bring as much as possible

most important price u need to know is a pint, 3 quid (6 bucks)
SaaraGCanuckAbroad Regular

Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:11 am

Most important thing for me worked out to be rent. I found a place that was dead cheap at £200 a month (about $400) and that was the cheapest I ever heard of (that was legal!) and that was in Bristol. I would definitely bring all that you can afford to. It's not a cheap country, but it's definitely worth it!
davidnkathNew Member

Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:29 am

You may want to read the "banking" topics that have been posted on this forum. Make sure you bring your debit card from Canada as odds are you will not be opening a bank account here anytime soon. You will love England and I have found that Canadians are really welcomed here. Good luck and have a ball!
oohmercymeModerator

Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:09 am

Banking for me was pure hell and it took over three months to open an account. I couldnt even find any place to cash my paycheques so I kept pulling money out of my Canadian account. I also found traveller's cheques a pain in the butt.

Make sure you have access to your account at home with lotsa money cuz you dont want to bring that kinda cash with you.

Good luck!

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!