babysitting job in the US?

All questions and topics related to US work visas, immigration, etc should be posted here.
leahureNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

babysitting job in the US?

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:56 pm

Hi there,

Im having a really hard time trying to figure out the answers to my questions. the government websites just confuse us even more.

I am a Canadian and my boyfriend is from and lives in Tennessee. I have visited him for short periods of time before but we are looking into more long term options. His best friend and his wife offered me a fulltime babysitting job in September. Does this require a work visa? and how long would I be able to stay? I would be living with my boyfriend but id like to be able to bring him home to Canada at Christmas ect..

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate any and all information and help
ThomasSdZekNew Member

babysitting job in the US

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:50 am

The main job of the K-1 application process is done by the American citizen. So, instructions in Russian are not really necessary. However, the embassy site might have a summary. I know that the embassy in Tashkent has online versions in English, Russian and Uzbek. So, if your embassy does not have a Russian translation, maybe you could send your gal to the one in Tashkent. The summary process will be the same all over the world. The only differences would be on the local things she will have to do, like where to get her medical exam.

Know that currently the applications are taking 7 to 9 months for approval. My application went in in September, and I am still waiting. Many people who applied in July are still waiting.

I initially chose the K-1 route because it was "supposed" to be faster. Now, it seems like it might take just as long as the CR-1 marriage route. So, if both options are still available for you, you might want to consider carefully and choose the one that makes the most sense for your situation.
mashaTrauptepiptJunior Member

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:17 am

Listen to these people only if your interviewing for the shoe department manager position at Nordstrom. Short of that, your instincts are correct unless one of them has a job for you.
mashaTrauptepiptJunior Member

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:58 am

There is a few i couldnt find where he showed the molding table set up and the muller and the pedestal furnace he has.
beliakCOTNew Member

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:53 am

depending on what you charge it is likely cheaper to enroll him in your program. Around here the babysitters teens get around 5 an hour but I only get 95 a wk for 45 hours.
Madeonger32Junior Member

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:28 pm

lol theres nothing wrong with that i can have a blast all day in a junk yard but im loving the job gotta work 10 hours today
RedgetrJunior Member

Post Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:22 pm

hi , i am a medical graduate presently on H4 visa. i am looking for job while preparing for USMLE. please help. thanks
telectrJunior Member

Post Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:49 am

Do exactly as Angelaturkey says. If you apply for renewal now you are not allowed to leave the country until you receive your new RP except with special permission and then only for a maximum of 15 days.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!