UK Immigration Visas & Information

The following is a list of UK Work Visas, Tourist Visas, and UK Immigration information – all information is taken directly from the Government of the UK websites – please visit them for the most current information.

Visitors Visas


Transit Visas

  • Visitors in transit (If you want to transit between 2 UK airports/ports or you need to change airlines and clear UK immigration control or you have a brief stopover of less than 48 hours. Your intention must be to transit and not visit the UK).
  • Direct airside transit (If you are changing planes at a single UK airport and do not need to clear UK immigration control).
  • Crew members – seafarers


Visitors for business


Special visitors permits


Long term visit visa

  • Long term visit visa (You should give careful consideration before applying for a long term visit visa for 1, 2, 5 or 10 years as there is the possibility that the visa may be refused, or issued for a shorter period than you have applied for. If the application is refused or the visa is issued for a shorter period, you will not be refunded the difference in the visa application fee).


UK Student Visas


UK Work/ Employment/ Permit free workers


Tier 1 (Highly skilled workers)

  • Tier 1 Investor (For people making a substantial financial investment in the UK).
  • Tier 1 Entrepreneur (For people investing in the UK by setting up or taking over, and being actively involved in running 1 or more businesses in the UK).
  • Tier 1 Post-study work (For people who were awarded an acceptable qualification from a UK institution within the last 12 months, and want to work in the UK for a limited period).


Tier 2 (Skilled workers) Visa

  • Tier 2 General skill worker (For people coming to the United Kingdom with a job offer to fill a gap that cannot be filled from within the resident labour force. This category is also for applicants coming to fill shortage occupations).
  • Tier 2 Intra company transfer (For employees of multi-national companies who are being transferred by an overseas employer to a skilled job in a UK based branch of the company).
  • Tier 2 Sportsperson (For elite sportspeople and coaches whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level).
  • Tier 2 Minister of religion (For those people coming to fill a vacancy as a Minister of religion, Missionary, or Member of a religious order).
  • Tier 2 Policy guidance


UK Tier 5 – Youth mobility & temporary workers


UK Points-based system


Settlement visas

  • Husbands, wives, & partners (for someone who wants to settle in the UK as the husband, wife, civil partner, fiancé, fiancée, proposed civil partner, or unmarried partner or same-sex partner of someone who is coming to the UK or is already ‘present and settled’)
  • Adopted children
  • Family members (for someone who wants to live in the United Kingdom (UK) with relatives already living there)
  • Elderly dependent relatives (If you are a parent, grandparent or other dependant relative of a British citizen or a person settled in the UK.)

Other UK visa categories



General information


Coming to the UK?