If you’re wondering how the rich and famous vacation, you probably won’t be surprised to learn that they stay in the best resorts across the world. In addition, they stay in resorts and hotels that can offer them maximum privacy, allowing them a respite from the watchful eyes that are typically upon them. If you’d like to rub elbows with rich and famous celebrities this year, or you’d just like to live like them for a vacation, here are five resorts you might want to book – if you can afford them.
1. The Esperanza Resort –Cabo San Lucas, Mexico – This resort with very private villas that all have beautiful views of the Pacific is a celebrity favourite. The 17 acre resort has a feel that is very Caribbean and very laid back. Past celebrity guests include Oprah Winfrey, Paul McCartney, Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin and Jennifer Aniston.
2. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, Scottsdale Arizona – This Spanish style resort is set against the breathtaking backdrop of the McDowell Mountains. The golf is fantastic, proven by the fact that the PGA holds a tournament here. Celebrity guests have included Robin Williams, Kevin Costner, Jessica Simpson and Tiger Woods.
3. Sandy Lane, St. James, Barbados – this beautiful beach resort is renowned for its very large and very private suites. Celebrity visitors have included Beyonce and Jay-Z, Cindy Crawford and Simon Cowell.
4. Pebble Beach Resort, Pebble Beach, California – Pebble Beach remains one of the most recognized and most visited celebrity resorts. It is especially popular with celebrities who like to golf, since there are many courses on the property and nearby, and all offer beautiful views of the Pacific or the magnificent cliffs. Ray Romano, Clint Eastwood, Michael Douglas, Bill Murray and Samuel L. Jackson have all vacationed there.
5. La Quinta Resort and Club, La Quinta, California – This resort boasts a fabulous spa, 5 championship golf courses, 23 tennis courts and 41 pools. Every room has access to a pool and private patio. La Quinta has hosted Oprah Winfrey, Victoria and David Beckham, Michael Jordan and Britney Spears.
Of course, there are plenty more celebrity resorts in the world to experience. But, these five are consistently ranked as some of the best in the world. And, with all the great deals available on hotels right now, you may be able to afford to vacation like a true celebrity after all.